Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Our Youngest on Vacation

Our youngest flew to Ireland with her best friend for vacation.  Her dad and I sent her a care package a couple of weeks ago so that she'd have it before she left the country.



I made her this little coin purse using the "Coin Purse UR Priceless" pattern on Craftsy.com.  Her dad and I had some Euro from a previous trip and decided to fill this little coin purse with Euro coins and bills.  We couldn't have her arrive in a foreign country with out the current currency could we?

The next item in her package was this Dirty Drawers Travel Laundry Bag.


The above pouch turns into this bag once you unzip it and pull the inside out.


I tested the pattern for my new friend Trina whom I met at the Sew South Retreat.  The instructions are very well written and she has pictures for most of the steps.  You should know how to install a zipper.  Please go to Craftsy.com to buy this pattern.  I'll be making more of these bags for my friends and family who travel.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love pressies containing money, especially as a young traveller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect pattern Triba has come up with. Cute coin purse too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Shout Out, Cindy! Love the purse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great care package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely ideas - hope your daughter is having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!